2014 CrossFit Open WOD 14.2
3:00 to complete 2 rounds of:
-10 OH squats (95/65)
-10 C2B pull ups
*If you complete the required reps within the 3 minutes you will rest the remainder of that time. You will then begin another 3:00 round. Each additional round (if you make it there) you will add 2 reps to each movement. For example you would next move to 2 rounds of 12 OHS/12C2B, then to 14/14, etc until you can't finish the set number of reps in the time cap. If you do not complete the required reps within each set of 3:00, then you do not move on to the next round.
1) Break up your pull ups. If you try to go unbroken on all the sets, you will fatigue fast. I would recommend doing each set in 2 parts. 10 = 5/5, 12 = 6/6, etc.
2) Try to do your OH squats in unbroken sets and do them fast. The longer the barbell is OH, the faster your shoulders will fatigue and your pull ups will suffer.
3) If you are flexible, narrow up your grip on the barbell. This is going to help save your shoulders and forearms.
3) During your "rest" between rounds make sure to breath slow and deep. Get your heart rate down.
4) Some of you aren't the best at C2B pull ups... Do them in small manageable sets. This may me 1-2 at a time for some of you. You may also want to try a supinated grip. I'm not a fan of doing it this way, but it will help those of you with a lack of flexibility.
5) Have fun and push yourselves!!!